Aims & Activities
Hi Kent is the deaf and hard-of-hearing charity for the county of Kent, established in 1986. We provide:
- Advice, information and assistive equipment
- Free Lipreading classes to help restore the ability to communicate
- British Sign Language tutorials (Levels 1, 2 and 3) and run Deaf Awareness Courses
- A range of assistive equipment from stock to help people in their daily lives
- Hi Kent has an on-line shop via their website and also a shop in Maidstone
- Support groups for people with tinnitus
- Clinics that are run by unpaid volunteers. We run a network of more than 200 free community hearing aid aftercare clinics in towns and villages all over Kent.
For businesses we provide:
- Deaf Awareness training for any front-line staff whose job brings them into contact with members of the public
- Advice on equipment to enhance the experience of deaf people
- An installation service for reception points, meeting rooms halls, churches, etc.
Brewer Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1RU, United Kingdom