The service is available to older residents in the Sevenoaks and Tonbridge areas, including surrounding villages such as Westerham, Brasted, Knockholt, Halstead and Shoreham. The Advocacy Service is free of charge. It helps people to find appropriate information, or take their chosen course of action, and they will be there to support you through any difficulties.
Assistance is provided on a range of subjects including:
* community care issues;
* hospital discharge;
* residential and nursing home issues;
* dealing with health authorities;
* care appeals;
* social needs;
* housing needs;
* accessing legal advice;
* concern about physical, emotional and sexual abuse;
* end of life care planning.
Avocates have been trained to help people:-
* convey their point of view to other people;
* access the information they need to make their own choices;
* represent their views to others if they feel unable to do so;
* make up their own minds about an issue.
Quality Assured Provider