Advice, Information and Financial Support for German Nationals and Descendants

German Welfare Council

The German Welfare Council offers independent help and advice free of charge for people with personal and social problems. This help is provided by a bilingual social worker with a wide experience of statutory and voluntary provisions for social care in both Germany and the UK.

The German Welfare Council works closely with trusts that help German nationals or their descendants in a financial crisis. Most of these trusts help with one-off emergency grants; others pay 2-4 times per year so called "heating grants" to alleviate heating costs for the elderly or chronically sick people and families. German Welfare Council staff are authorized to apply for these grants. Applications have to be made either in person, by letter or by referral of another social agency or charity. It is essential that some sort of evidence of income is provided.

* Examples of other support provided by the Council *
• EU advice (e.g. moving between Germany and UK)
• Pension/compensation advice
• Long-term support
• Life certificates for German pensions.

  Quality Assured Provider

Contact details

Organisation German Welfare Council
Contact name Senior Social Worker
Address Available to whole of Bromley Borough (Office:, Craven Terrace, London W2 3EL), BR1, United Kingdom
I'd like to contact this provider

You may also like

Christians Against Poverty Debt Advice in Bromley

Christians Against Poverty (CAP UK - Bromley Centre)

At Simply Connect we’re on a mission to help you find local community services, activities and support that can really help you.

Find out more

Have you ever thought about volunteering? Look no further.

Find out more